Monday 31 March 2008

A Girl Named Alex

Ever since Ate Nicky delivered her baby, I have looked forward to the upcoming long weekend to visit her and her baby. Finally, last Good Friday, we dumped our luggage at the back of the car and started our supposed to be 6 hour journey to France. It was a weird journey, it took us almost 8 hours because of the heavy traffic in Antwerp, when we left it was sunny and then an hour after that it was raining hard, a little over 2 hours after that we were driving through very strong winds, still after half an hour we were driving through some snow and then finally as we reached our destination, it was bright and sunny again. It was like experiencing 4 seasons in 8 hours haha.

At around 5:45pm, we finally managed to pull over the garage. I was very excited to see the baby but she was still fast asleep so I couldn’t take her from the cradle. So after settling in, we decided to eat first and right after dinner, asleep or not, I decided to take her from her comfortable crib, poor little baby.

Her name is Alexandra Josephine Ligaya Danet, so we call her Alex, she was born on the 6th of March. Her name was taken from my brother in law’s mother (Josephine) and my mom (Ligaya) and Alexandra simply because it’s a beautiful name. She has really plump pink cheeks and cute little pouting lips and her eyes are blue gray – just beautiful. She is quite heavy and long for a three-week old baby. I guess my sister’s breast feeding every hour does the trick.

She’s a very good baby girl, she didn’t even cry when my sister gave her a bath at 10am the following day, in fact, I think she enjoys her bath. After bathing, she would just eat and then go back to sleep, oh isn’t a baby’s life very nice, she just eats and sleeps and cries when she’s wet or hungry.

Time flew so quickly, came Sunday we were already preparing to go back home. I think Alex would be glad that I would finally leave her alone in her sleep, hehe. I just couldn’t get my hands off of her while I was there. I just couldn’t help but pick her up and cradle her in my arms. Even Junfer, who loves kids but is afraid to hold very small babies, couldn’t help himself and held Alex while we were there.



Junfer and I are going to miss that little angel. We look forward to our next visit to her, otherwise she should visit us next time.

3 comments:

princess_dyanie said...

ang cute naman ni alex! :)

niko said...

kala ko anak niyo! :)

i frequent ur blog. pls update na! hihih. link kita ha!

:D

Kreez said...

Hi sniper_niko,

HAHA! Super cute nung niece ko nakakatuwa, Thanks for dropping by, updates coming very soon!