Monday 16 February 2009

A one of a kind V-Day Date

A couple of weeks ago, I already told honey not to buy me a bouquet of flowers and not to bring me to a fancy dinner on Valentines Day. I just thought that the day has become so commercialized now so I wanted to pass on celebrating it this year. But honey, being the true romantic that he is, found a way to circumvent my request and still bring me to a date to celebrate. He fetched me from work last Friday and told me that since I didn’t want to go on a date the following day, we’ll just have our date that night. He had a fresh idea for a date and we had a one of a kind Vday, we played bowling!
I was so surprised when he parked the car at a bowling centre very close to my office, I thought that we’ll just have our dinner at the restaurant beside it but honey said we’ll play bowling first and then have dinner. I was thrilled. We had so much fun. I knew honey was good in a lot of sports but I didn’t know he was also a good bowler. He completely crushed me, he had strikes and spares across the scoreboard and I, well, I managed to topple down some of the pins but nowhere near his score. Oh well. We were so starved after the game that we enjoyed the dinner after the game immensely.

The following day, when I woke up, honey gave me a couple of gifts as well. I was eyeing him suspiciously and he started explaining. He told me that since I asked him not to buy me flowers, he bought me gifts instead. How could I be mad… hehe. He got me this pretty pair of Nike cardio shoes and a cake plate that I’ve always wanted.

I must admit, it’s really nice to celebrate heart’s day but to be honest, with honey beside me, everyday is Valentines Day.

Happy Valentines Day to all! (better late than never).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyday is a Valentine's day. That's so pleasing to the ears. Stay in love and beautiful!

Kreez said...

haay sana nga tuloy tuloy ang marital bliss.