Monday 20 July 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince


After reading all the seven Harry Potter books, honey and I have been so looking forward to finally get to see them on the big screen. I was disappointed when the latest instalment, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince’s premier was moved from last year to this year. You can just imagine our excitement when we were finally buying our tickets online to finally see this much awaited film.

I’ve read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince years ago so I’ve had forgotten a lot of the details in the story. However, one thing that I haven’t forgotten is how much I enjoyed leafing through the pages as I explore Harry’s adventures and misadventures with him in another year of his stay at Hogwart’s. I was so tempted to reread the book before going to the movies, after all I was home on sick leave the very same day that the movie premiered and had time to spare, but as the call of slumber was much stronger on my tired body than the urge to relive the book, I gave in to the call of the bed and slept the day away. After seeing the movie, I think not rereading the book was all for the best, I was thrilled to see each scene in the film and was excited as each part of the movie unfolds without me tying to mentally recall the next things that I have read in the book.

The movie was great! I daresay that this is the Harry Potter movie I enjoyed the most beating the first movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone out of my number one. We were even treated to about 15 minutes of 3D as we watched it on IMAX and the first few scenes were on 3D. The movie was funny, exciting, heart warming, it contained everything that I’m looking for in a good movie. I can’t believe how much the actors have grown over the years. It made me look back to the time when honey and I saw the very first movie together, we were still in college then.

Of course, I browsed through the book after watching the movie and although there were scenes that I would have loved to see on the movie, this film is definitely a gem and worth watching.

4 comments:

witsandnuts said...

I enjoyed a lot the first few minutes even if we didn't watch in IMAX. I enjoyed the film but not so. Maybe because I expected a lot, I think they focused more on the romance and kilig scenes. I liked most The Goblet of Fire because Pattinson was there. Lol. =)

Kreez said...

Wits, I think it really helped that i don't remember a lot of things from the book that is why I wasn't expecting so much I just enjoyed the movie as it unfolds hehe.

I didn't like the Goblet of Fire kasi namatay naman si Pattinson eh hahaha!

docemdy said...

Love the movie; almost at the same level as Sorcerer's Stone. Except 1 seems to cater more to children while this is more pang-adult given its theme of evil, etc.

Didn't mind Pattinson dying in Goblet though because I'm a Potter fan through and through. Must be said though that I prefer him as the clean cut Cedric than Edward with the unruly hair.

Kreez said...

DrEm, totally agree this film is one of the best, if not the best in the Harry Potter series.

With Pattinson, for me he seemed more attractive as Edward than as Cedric though, hehe