Wednesday 30 July 2008

Mi casa es su casa

Prettifying a home is a never ending process. That is what I have learned when we moved in to our own home last year. We would set small projects every now and then to further make our home more comfortable, cozy and of course charming. One of the first projects that Honey ever conceived when we moved in was to replace the wooden shafts in the roof terrace with new ones but since we moved in during autumn going to winter months, the weather was not conducive to start the project.

Finally after months of planning and dreaming, Honey, with the help of a very good friend, is almost done with the project after working over a couple of weekends. They even took a step further and built a proper fence that avails us more privacy and a trellis of some sort where I plan to let some rose bushes climb up to (who knows how long my next project would materialize but there you go).

We are expecting some visitors in the next weeks to come, my sister is coming in two weeks time with her hubby and baby Alex and they will spend a week with us and a very good friend from Dubai will come several days after that and finally another good friend from London will be joining us several weeks after that so our home will be packed. Yey!!! To prepare for that, we shopped for a bed over the weekend and lo and behold, we saw this swing. The moment I saw this magnificent piece of furniture, I knew exactly where it will go in our home. The roof terrace! I already imagine myself lounging in the terrace lying lazily on this comfortable swing as I take in the view of my growing rose bushes. We just have to have it! Finally honey caved in and we went back home with a big box in tow. He was able to fix the swing last Sunday afternoon and it was just perfect. I tried it out and almost fell asleep as I lay there while the soft wind was blowing on my cheeks.


Hopefully, we will still experience more good weather over the next weeks before autumn rain kicks in and we can still enjoy the swing and the roof terrace with some barbeque and drinks overlooking our nice neighborhood and we could share all of these with our family and friends. Good times ahead!!!

No comments: