Tuesday 1 July 2008

My very first chocklit chip cookies!

When I was still reviewing for the CPA board exams, my friends and I would normally munch on our favorite snacks, usually Jack n’ Jill’s Tostillas (courtesy of my honey) or Chips Delight (chocolate chip cookies), as we bury ourselves deep into solving a management accounting or financial accounting problem. During those days, I have very little time to do anything else but study and attend classes and study some more (ohhh tough times) and so every instance that we were to open a bag of chocolate chip cookies, I would tell my friends, “One day, after we pass this freakin’ board exams, I will find time and learn how to make my own chocolate chip cookies or any cookie for that matter.”

Seven years later, my friends and I passed the board exams, got ourselves a job, I married my one true love, settled in on a new continent, and finally I have tried making my own chocolate chip cookies last Sunday. I can’t really say that it’s my first time to bake anything and the recipe that I have found from one of the blogs I frequented seemed to be fool proof but there you go my cookies were finally made after seven years in the drawing board. Good thing I was able to buy 2 full bags of chocolate chips on our last vacation in Manila, otherwise, the chocolate chip cookies might have taken another year or two to make since I don’t know where to get the stuff here in Amsterdam.

And the verdict, my honey says they’re really good, I also thought they were really nice especially fresh out of the oven. Lekker!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It taste really good... not because I am your honey.

Taste even better if you'll keep it outside the oven for a couple of minutes.

Kreez said...

Thanks honey! don't worry I'll make you some more over the weekend.