Tuesday 22 January 2008

All of a sudden …. I’m 27

As far as I could remember, I was not the type of kid who looks forward to Christmas so that I could send a wish list to Santa. I remember, though, that I look forward to my birthday and write a list of wishes that I would mention when I do my birthday prayer. One thing I’ve realized though is that every year that passes by, my wish list to God became shorter and shorter until the time came (of which I don’t know when) when my wish list became a thank you list.

I also remember, every year when I was still in primary school, my birthday will not be complete without a party at our house with all my classmates coming over to celebrate the day with me. During those times, I would stage a tantrum attack whenever my mom would suggest that we just dine out or just celebrate my birthday intimately. Now, I long for nothing more that to go home to my husband so he could take me out to dinner to celebrate my day.

It’s now that time of the year again and my thank you list is longer than it ever was before. I think that as I grow older, the more I realized how blessed I am and the more I come to believe that if you have your faith in God, he blesses you in ways you could never thought possible. I guess I am at the point in my life when my heart is filled more with thanksgiving rather than petitions. As I pause and ponder on my past years, I realized that as I mature, I opt to spend my day with an intimate group of people that I love and loves me back rather than throw a big bash for a crowd who are just there for the food and treats you nicely simply because its your birthday.

Ah, it’s that time of the year again when another calendar has passed by my life. I am quite happy though with how I spent my year for most of it was spent creating a nice home for our family and being with the one that I love the most. I have also seen places that I have always dreamed of seeing and experienced a lot of things that I have aspired to experience.

When I go down on my knees to do my birthday prayer tonight, definitely my prayer would be more of a thanksgiving rather than petition for the past year has been blessed far more than I could ever thought possible. I had a well lived year and I am looking forward to another great year with faith and love in my heart.

Many thanks to all those who remembered and sent their greetings, I have and always will treasure all of you in my heart.

No comments: