Friday 20 March 2009

Beautiful brown longanisa logs

During weekends, I tend to plan our breakfast more carefully resulting to a more elaborate menu. After a week of plain and sometimes hurried breakfast, I want to pace myself in preparing and savouring the first and most important meal of the day during weekends. This is the case last Saturday, I chanced upon this simple recipe for longanisa, something that honey has been telling me he’s been craving for for a while now but we don’t get longanisa in this part of the globe readily available. The moment I saw this recipe, I knew exactly what we’re having for breakfast.



The recipe is really easy and really yummy, it reminds me of the longanisa I used to have when I eat breakfast at Mcdo, really tasty. I paired these beautiful longanisa logs with some fried rice and fried eggs with a bowl full of tomatoes drizzled with some fish sauce. Voila! The perfect breakfast. The best thing of all is that honey absolutely loved it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous lookin' longganisa logs! and the eggs...yum! i'm glad the recipe worked for you. :)

emarene said...

That really looks tasty Kreez. You found the ingredients there?

Kreez said...

Munchkin Mommy, thanks for sharing this recipe! it looks like I'm keeping stock of this longganisa in the fridge. you're right they're really tasty. Thanks again

emarene, yup i had no problems with finding the ingredients, they were quite basic things you have in your pantry.

ghieGANDA said...

wow sissy! ang longsilog ng pinas. heheh.. looks so yum yum nga! nagutom ako bigla!! hahaha..

Kreez said...

ghie, tuwang tuwa nga si honey ng makita ang mga longanisa hehe, namiss namin sobra!

niko said...

how did u cook nga pala ur longganisa kreezy???

i tried frying without boiling, parang ang sagwa ng lasa.

tried boiling it on an inch water, nung wla ng water i put some oil.. hindi rin ganun kasarap.

might be the product noh?! haaay :( next time il try pampanga's best.. if only i can make my own longganisa or have ur longganisa na lng :) heheh

cpsanti said...

wow, longanisa!!! love love! this is just one of the things i miss about the phils ;-) thanks for the recipe. the longanisas in the phil stores here in tokyo are horribly overpriced

Anonymous said...

Yum! Hey, nice placemat!

Kreez said...

hi niko, try this recipe super easy and super yummy! its just mix mix mix. I fry my longanisa sometimes with oil and sometimes with water, both ways work for me.

hi cpsanti, haay here its not even available so i was really glad i found this simple recipe.

wits, we bought them from Manila. hehe