Monday 2 March 2009

Chocolate and Hazelnut heaven

With my favourite apron in place, I braised myself for another whirlwind misadventure in the kitchen last Friday evening. After having learned how to whip up a sinful, melt in your mouth, sugar high inducing treats, I haven’t looked back. I welcome every opportunity, with open arms, to try another gem of a pastry. I had another excuse last Friday, since we’ve been invited to attend a friend’s daughters birthday party, I knew I couldn’t pass on the opportunity to try another recipe in my must try list.



After careful consideration and after rummaging through my pantry to check for supplies, I’ve decided to try and make my own version of chocolate hazelnut nutcracker cake. I was curios how flavourful the cake would be with the hazelnut and graham crackers incorporated in the cake's batter. It was pretty easy to whip up and in no time, I had my cake base cooling in a wire rack.

The following morning, I made the Crème Chantilly and indeed it was heavenly. Icing the cake was a breeze and it turned out to be simple yet elegant. The end product was very flavourful and the rich frosting complimented the cake very well. My only complain is that the cake was not as fluffy as I’d hope it would be.



The cake was very well deserved at the party though. This recipe may not make it to my top five best cakes but it was definitely worth trying.

4 comments:

emarene said...

I wish I can be like you in the baking department. I used to - but maybe it's not in my system - I got tired.
Really, I craved for cake upon seeing the pic.

Kreez said...

thanks emarene, i'm not as zealous as when i was starting, now i'm enthused with making cakes but I'm thinking twice when it comes to pastries that require kneading and rising.... it just takes too long hehe. maybe it'll come back, i do have dry seasons when it comes to baking myself.

niko said...

wish i can bake too someday.. found myself drooling over and over again every time i see this cake of yours!!

naku ha kelan pa kaya ako matututo magbake?!! hmmmmm

Kreez said...

haha, when you move to a home of your own, that's the start of you exploring the chef in you matututo ka na magbake nyan.