Friday 20 March 2009

The big 9-0

Honey and I have been together for exactly 90 months last Saturday and I must say, it keeps on getting better and better. This starts my countdown to our centennial mensiversary. All through these months, honey and I never failed to celebrate this day, I guess we’re just the type of couple who grabs any and every opportunity to celebrate our love for each other. It can be as simple as greeting each other “happy monthsary” or it can be as elaborate as having a dinner date plus gifts, bouquets of flowers and the entire shebang, no matter how simple (or enormous) it is, we just make it a point to celebrate.

One of the things I love about my husband is the fact that he likes to always surprise me. He stops at nothing to get anything that I want and he gives them to me just when I least expect it. This month’s gift is another example of this. I have mentioned time and again how hard it is to get a decent cake plate here and I’m getting more and more frustrated coz I’ve been expanding my kitchen experiments lately. And just when I’m about to get more frustrated after scouring the shopping street adjacent to our home, honey popped this baby out of a bag and told me that this is his gift to me for our 90th mensiversary. It’s perfect! I love the chocolates but more so I love the cake plate. It’s simple yet elegant, just what I was looking for. Honey hit another jackpot!



Honey, thanks for being the best, no, the perfect husband to me. You’re all I’ve ever longed for, dreamed of, prayed for, and so much more. You are the silver lining in my sky that gives me hope, happiness and courage. I want nothing more but to still be holding hands with you when we’re old and gray and wrinkled. Happy 90th mensiversary honey! I love you!

3 comments:

niko said...

oi sweeetness!! happy 90 months sa inyo!! kakilig pa rin kau sobra!! keep the love alive!!

wish ko this time, sana before ur 100th months may baby na!! yeeeeey!!

Anonymous said...

"I guess we’re just the type of couple who grabs any and every opportunity to celebrate our love for each other." - Haaay, nakakakilig. =)

Kreez said...

niko, hehehe wish ko din noh!

wits, that is also one of the reasons why we celebrate our mensiversary, to keep the "kilig" factor alive. hehe