Friday 3 April 2009

Reward for Passion

Whenever people ask me what I do for a living and I would tell them that I’m a CPA by profession, they would always say “oh, so you’re good in math?” to which my immediate response is “Oh no, no, no!” As far as I can remember, my passion has always been with writing and speaking. Even as a kid, I’ve always been highly opinionated and there is nothing more exhilarating than sharing my views or stories with other people. My passion for writing has even been more fueled when I became a part of, and eventually led the school news paper in both elementary and high school. Those were fun times, I get to have my opinions read by the entire campus. My school days (that is from elementary through my university days) have also given me a platform to develop another love affair, this time with public speaking. My best loved mode of public speaking would definitely have to be a debate. I just feel elated each time I step on that platform to deliver my views on a matter of discussion and the knowledge that somehow, I am able to influence the opinion of others as well is beyond words.

After college, when I started working, there are fewer avenues for me to extend my wings for writing and speaking. There was just no room for me to pursue my passion further. This was the case until I’ve discovered blogging. Since then, my fervor to express my opinion, to tell my stories and to just say something has been ignited once more. I now found a channel where I can keep a journal of all the pieces that I’ve ever written. It has become my stress-reliever and has allowed me to build a space for my thoughts, my very own views.

Apart from writing in my blog, I also enjoy discovering other entertaining, informative and funny blogs in the web. What’s even more exciting is when a co-blogger notices my space and rewards me for what I’ve created here. That is why I’d like to thank Pu Niao of Chopsticks for dropping by and showering me some love by gifting me with these fabulous awards

The Neno's Award and the Brigadeiro Award. These awards are gifted to bloggers who show intense love for blogging and encourages friendship through blogging.


Thanks again Pu Niao, more than the award, I appreciate that you’ve noticed my love for blogging.

Now the other good thing about blogging is that you find other bloggers with the same amount of zeal and reading there blogs will make you realize how enthused they are with it. I find the following blogs so candid and entertaining, truly worth the stop.

Niko’s blog – her maxim of “blogging like no one is reading” is truly admirable.
Confessions – this blog is truly informative and funny.
Witsandnuts – her antics, travel and experiences are inspiring and informative at the same time
Market Manila – if this is not a blog that showcases passion for food, then I don’t know what will.
Pulse - DrEm's blog is indeed a blog that inspires, her daily post is something that i look forward to, when it comes to movies, food and travel, i definitely consult her blog

These are just some of the blogs that I’ve been lucky enough to chance upon and it is evident in all of them how passionate they are with blogging and how enamored they are with sharing their views and stories.

3 comments:

ghieGANDA said...

wow nmn.. funny again??!! hahah.. para kang c mommy peh sissy! muka ata talagang kong joker. hehe.. anyways, tnx for remembering. hehe.. kakatouch nmn naalala mo ko. love talaga kita kahit wala kapa ding shoutbox. hahaha.. juk!

its really nice to know u kreezy. c u at plurk! hihi.. muaaahh!

witsandnuts said...

Big thanks, Kreez!

There's really a general perception that CPAs are good in Math/numbers. But it's actually being more analytic 'no? I actually didn't like Math though I managed (thankfully). I also have a passion for writing. Been involved in school paper, too.

As to public speaking, I had a great time with "parliamentary procedure" contest. Our curriculum had that regional and national conventions for that annually. Bloggging is such a saving glory. =)

Kreez said...

ghie, oo nga funny talaga ang blog mo very entertaining, nice talaga we met at plurk haha

wits, to be honest i think math is one of my weaker subjects hehe.