Wednesday 29 April 2009

Updates from Humid Manila

I've been neglecting this space for quite a while now. I just can't seem to squeeze in an hour or two to blog about our adventures in the midst of our hectic schedule here in Manila. I've been out and about everyday since we arrived and I'm quite surprised with myself, instead of getting dismayed with the intermittent rains that pour here, I've been quite thankful for them. They have made the scorching heat a lot more bearable.

Honey and I have visited a lot of families and friends, the details (and pictures) of which will be following very soon. We've dined on some of our old favorites and we've tried some new restaurants as well. Most of all, i've also had an appointment with an OB here in Manila and I've had another ultrasound. We've heard our little baby Bee's heartbeat for the first time yesterday, I almost cried. It was the sweetest sound I've heard. Everyone in our family is so excited with the coming of our little angel very soon.

Of course, no vacation here in Manila is complete without shopping! I've bought baby Mozart (which i can't find in Amsterdam), a couple of baby books and other stuff.

Next week we'll be in Bohol and I'm so looking forward to it, although the OB said I shouldn't swim :-) Oh well, dipping my feet on the cold water is better than nothing.

3 comments:

witsandnuts said...

I know how busy you are with the meet ups with relatives and friends. The heartbeat of your baby is surely a music to the ears. Enjoy Bohol and take care!

Chalie said...

hi kreez!!
glad you're here in Manila for vacation.
sobra init lang talaga dito Pinas, pero masaya pa rin naman dito..
tc :)

Kreez said...

wits, it was a precious moment indeed, I can't describe how i felt when we heard the baby's heartbeat. Haay, i keep on thinking that we would not be able to meet all our friends and families here with the limited time....

ayie, it's always nice to be back home kahit super init ang laging sumasalubong sa amin and of course the traffic. Hi kay Dan and the kids, yngat!