Monday 18 May 2009

Countryside Tour Bohol Part 1



Honey and I stayed for 4 days in Bohol. The first day was our free day which was spent in the beach, me lounging under the coconut tree while watching (and getting envious) as honey swam his heart out in the beach and then in the pool, oh well I got to dip my feet in the pool and I got to walk in the beach as long as its only knee deep. Tough, tough, tough.

The following day was the day we explored the many wonders and great spots of Bohol. Our very nice driver, Ferry and our very well informed tour guide, K, took us to a lot of breath taking places in Bohol. Our first stop was the miraculous well of Mother Mary in Dauis Bohol, K explained that some time long ago there was a drought and all of a sudden, water sprung from the ground and the image of Mother Mary was seen floating above the spot were the water welled up and from then on the well never dried up. The other curious thing about this well is that the water is fresh while the entire island is surrounded by sea water. The people of the town built a church with the altar situated where the well sprung.


(the miraculous well)

Next stop was the popular blood compact monument. I’ve seen this site plenty of times in the past in pictures and in some movies as well, but I was not prepared by how beautiful the view is from the monument overlooking the sea and the landscapes of Bohol, it was amazing.




(beautiful Loboc River)

After taking in the beauty of the scenery of Bohol from the top of a cliff, we all decided that it was time to experience the Loboc river cruise where we will also be having our lunch. I believe this meal was one of the best we’ve had in Bohol, owing to the mouth watering mango and shrimp paste combo that I devoured all throughout the meal.

(our hearty lunch)

The painstaking view of the green river made the meal a lot more pleasant. There was also a singer who regaled us with old ballads. The cool breeze that touched my face was more than a welcome relief from the hot and humid weather. In the river bank abounds Nipa tree, all the while I thought they were small coconut trees.



Before we went back to the bank, we stopped by a settlement area for a tribe. We took photos of the native children while they were swinging from the trees with a rope. They even invited us to take a picture with a snake which we can hang over our shoulders, to which offer, honey and I both declined. Hehe.



No wonder a lot of people are enamoured by the charming town of Bohol. There are so many treasures waiting to be discovered. I can’t believe how much beauty we’ve witnessed just at the first part of our countryside tour.

7 comments:

Beth said...

hi Kreez, I've been your follower for the longest time! :)

ang ganda naman ng Bohol, i wish I could go there someday! :) Hubby went there na kasi kaya inggit ako sa pics niya,

For sure you're going to post the Tarsier on part 2? I'll look forward to that!

Take care!

Kreez said...

hi beth, thanks for dropping by, it's nice to know that there are some who enjoy reading the posts here as much as i love posting them.

I must say, bohol is really a gem of a province the visit was so worthwhile (and to think I was not allowed to swim pa ha, hehe). Yep, tarsier and chocolate hills are up next!

witsandnuts said...

What batch ka sa PLM, Kreez? I'm not sure, pero familiar yung face ni hubby mo.

why said...

i've been to Bohol also, just recently, oh my oh my.. 'do agree with you.. the island is such a great place to relax.. everything were simple and people were friendly.. let me add, the food we had was awesome..
though, i am not aware about the ati atihan, so thanks for this post we can have another place to visit next time.

Kreez said...

wits, ahead si hubby sakin ng 1 year, he graduated 2001.

ube, super ganda noh? and yes the place is very relaxing and the people are so nice. we just dropped by the ati tribe during our Loboc river lunch/cruise.

witsandnuts said...

I see. Familiar nga yung face nya. Nag abot kame sa college. Although I think we're not personally acquainted. Batch 99 ako.

Kreez said...

wits, PLM ka rin ba?