Wednesday 27 May 2009

My Package of Joy

While vacationing in Manila, I was having second thoughts if I should buy the Twilight DVD from there. After having read witsandnuts’ post about how the Philippine-released DVD is wanting for a lot of features, I told myself that I’ll just wait for it to be released in Amsterdam. As difficult as it was to resist purchasing the DVD (which was seriously calling out to me while we were in the record shop), I managed to hold my ground and look the other way.

When we returned here, the first thing I did was check out the local record shops and to my dismay, the Twilight DVD is not yet available and I was told that it will be released sometime in June. I was about to kick myself when my colleague told me about the sale at Amazon. When I checked out the site, well what do you know? The Twilight DVD is already on sale. I was ecstatic. I immediately placed my order plus some books that I’ve been wanting to buy for a while now, which luckily enough were all on sale.



After three days of waiting, I was so thrilled to go home hoping that my anticipated parcel has arrived (or was left to our neighbours). The moment I stepped into the door, my eyes immediately spotted the white and orange slip, I knew the postman has come. I picked it up to see where the package is and immediately asked honey to go and get my parcel from our neighbour as indicated in the slip.



I have a big, wide grin as I welcomed honey back inside the house with the box in his arms. I was like a child opening a present on Christmas Eve. There it was my Twilight DVD, Nigella Lawson’s How to be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking, Complete Novels of Jane Austen and a children’s book entitled The very Hungry Caterpillar (for my little baby Bee). Oh, the simple joys of life. I have a lot of watching and reading to do.

2 comments:

witsandnuts said...

OMG, I also want those Jane Austen DVDs. Right now, I only have Pride and Prejudice. I got from Virgin Megastore's sale. Everything in the package were worth buying! =)

Btw, I bet you watched Twilight DVD many times already (kase ganun ako heehee). Have you seen New Moon trailer? Jacob is hotness!

Kreez said...

Wits, nako super happy talaga ako sa package, i've watched twilight loads of time pati ung mga added features kaya nga yesterday when i popped it in the dvd in our bedroom honey said "yan nanaman" hehe.

ung Jane Austen complete novel naisip ko kasi buy everything in one na hehe.