Monday 29 September 2008

Welcome home (mini) cakes

After more than a week of restless nights, quiet evenings and alone dinners, Honey finally came home from a business trip from Seoul, Korea last Saturday afternoon. This is the longest business trip that honey has been to so far (and this includes three out of four weekend days) and I was really not used to not being with him when I come home from work or on weekends. I was so excited that he’s at last gonna be home that I cleaned the entire house very early in the morning, and as early as eleven am, thought of what I would cook for dinner and decided what cake to make.

I’ve been trying to decide it over the entire morning, until I finally gave in and asked my plurk buddies to help me decide whether I should make peanut butter torte or bounchons au chocolat (which is more of a mini cake comparable to Chili’s molten chocolate cake Through plurk’s help, I’ve decided to go with bouchons au chocolat, the recipe that I used actually came from one of my frequented blogs, marketmanila.com. ). It was quite easy to make actually and convenient so coz all the ingredients needed, I already have in my pantry. I just hopped to the grocery to buy some vanilla ice cream to top it with.

When honey and I finally got to eat dinner that night, we had shrimps in coconut milk and rice. Ooohh, I missed rice, since honey left I didn’t had any rice until that night. The sauce was creamy and the shrimps were succulent and were complimented well by the rice. Of course we had to save space for the decadent dessert that awaits and my oh my was it a treat. It was rich and bursting with chocolatey goodness with every teaspoonful. The vanilla ice cream goes so well with the warm cake, it was ecstatic. I couldn’t believe myself how easy it was to make considering how good it turned out to be. I have to emphasize though that the dessert is best enjoyed while it’s still warm, fresh out of the oven.

I had to smile when honey was so amazed and asked, “Where did you learn how to make these?” on his first teaspoonful of the cake. Suffice to say, he liked it a lot which made all my efforts worth the while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm! it does look good ;-) i want to make it too!

Kreez said...

super easy to make and the result is amazing!