Wednesday 1 July 2009

Memories Preserved



The moment we’ve learned that we’re having a baby, the ecstasy, excitement and that amazing feeling that borders between nervousness and anticipation are just too much and I wanted to preserve them somehow. So once those wonderful emotions have subsided a bit, I started jotting down ways of how I can create a memorabilia that our growing family can cherish for years to come. It was like a light bulb flashed on top of my head…. What better way of preserving memories than to make a scrap book!

I’ve never really been into arts and crafts and all those cuteness so I cannot tell whether or not I have an apt for it but it’s never too late to try right? With this project in mind, while vacationing in Manila, I scoured bookstores, novelty stores and paper shops for the base scrap book that will hold all my little treasures. After combing the biggest malls, I still couldn’t find the right one. Then while we were in Megamall, I remembered this shop that I adored some years back, Papemelrotti, I checked their store out and found several charming scrapbook, but none of them really grabbed my attention, so I decided to look in some other places and if there is really nothing else out there, I’ll get one from this shop.

Our last few days in Manila came and I’ve decided to just by the scrap book we found in Papemelrotti coz that was the only thing missing, I’ve already bought the all the other paraphernalia I think I’ll be needing (like stickers, buttons and other accessories) to be able to create my very first scrap book. The very same day, I met my sister for dinner and she handed me a gift, guess what it was? It was a scrapbook, none that I’ve ever seen in my previous search for this elusive book. It was cute and brightly coloured and was everything that I was looking for. Apparently, she bought it that afternoon in a small stall while strolling in Robinson’s place. Oh how wonderful, now I have two.

The moment we got back here in Amsterdam, I started creating the scrapbook. Since this is the first time I’m doing this, I decided to just put in anything that I feel I would want to see again that would trigger happy moments. I just try to document, through bits and pieces, the stages of our pregnancy and the important dates and events.

So far there are still a few pages that I’ve filled up but I’m still collecting the rest of the stuff I want to squeeze into this tiny treasure. I’m hoping that I would be able to tap into my creative juices and create a jewel that we could keep.

If you have any tips or suggestions on how I can make this keepsake even prettier, by all means, I’m (wide) open for suggestions.

6 comments:

witsandnuts said...

You will enjoy scrapbooking. And your baby's gonna thank you for that when he/she is grown up na. =)

Kreez said...

True ka dyan, i've already filled in a couple of pages of the scrapbook and personally I can still make it prettier but its loads of fun.

emarene said...

kreez,
include in your scrapbook the first ultrasound "photo" of the baby, how you knew you were pregnant (like the pregnancy kit), I even kept some of my vitamin prescriptions and a reciept. during this digital age, you can take photos of your doctor's office- front lang, and even his business card.

have fun.

Kreez said...

emarene, thanks for that tip, i did include the pregnancy kit and the first ultrasound but i didn't think of including the prescriptions and taking a picture of the clinic... will do that. thanks again!

caryn said...

a scarpbook is a great idea ;-) its something tangible that you can look at and share in years to come

Kreez said...

caryn, that's what i thought so too, btw naiinis ako dito sa internet site namin, don't know why i can't access your blog haaay sa bahay nalang tuloy