Friday 1 August 2008

I have a secret

Honey and I were on our way back here in Amsterdam from our emergency trip back home to Manila and while waiting for our connecting flight from Hong Kong to Amsterdam, we decided to stroll and explore the shops inside the Hong Kong International Airport. As we entered one of the bookstores, I chanced upon this book and remembered seeing it quite a few times in the past already. I even saw Samantha from Sex and the City reading this book in one of the scenes from the movie. I got intrigued and since we were still about to embark on another thirteen-hour flight, I decided I could use some books to pass time and bought it together with a romantic novel (Return to Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux). The book was entitled The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

It has been over a month since then and I have finished reading the romance novel long since but I seemed to have forgotten about The Secret book that I have kept on my night stand drawer. I was rummaging through our bookshelf for something to read last weekend when I finally remembered about this book that I have been neglecting. So up I went to our bedroom and started browsing through the pages of this very curious book. It was very easy to read, chapters are short and messages were simple but hard hitting. It talks about how a person should be the master of his thoughts and ultimately the creator of his destiny. The ideas presented are thought provoking and uplifting. All in all, I think this is one book worth reading

No comments: