Monday 13 October 2008

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Revisited


Viewing the trailer of the upcoming movie, Twilight starring Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, among others, has built up the anticipation at the pit of my stomach. I can’t get over how cute Robert Pattinson is. I can’t stop myself from letting out an ear splitting, goose bump raising, high pitched scream of …. “He is so cuuuutttee!” which earned me an amazed/worried look on Honey’s face as he hurriedly went out of the kitchen to check if I was choking or something. (Haha!)

I remember Robert Pattinson as Cedrick Diggory from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, however, I am surprised that he didn’t leave an impression on me, after all I have seen that movie dozens of times. Come Friday evening, I was still burning with the Twilight fever, so to see more of Edward (Robert Pattinson), I clutched the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire DVD on my way to the bedroom and told Honey we should watch it again for the nth time. Being a Harry Potter fan himself, there were no contests.

The movie was just how I remember it, there seem to be a bleakness that surrounded the film from start to finish. I feel that the entire movie is too heavy and sad, however, comparing the movie with the book itself, I think the movie was able to impart a lighter ending to the sequel than what was actually depicted in the book. One of my favorite scenes is the Yule Ball, I liked the fact that Hermione was able to captivate the attention of Viktor (Krum) and I loved her look as she trailed down the stairs to meet him. All the challenges in the Tri Wizard tournament were all so exciting particularly the dragon challenge. This film has everything that a viewer can ask for, romance, thrills, struggles, funny moments and so much more. I have been entertained by this picture over and over again.

I think the reason why I never really noticed Cedrick Diggory is because there are just too many new interesting characters and too many developments going on at the same time. Watching the movie, this time paying close attention to Cedrick’s character, I think he did great given the limited scenes that he had. He has a certain charisma that is subtle and yet enigmatic. There is also something mysterious about his childish grin.

I am convinced that Robert Pattinson will definitely shine if given room to truly show what he’s got and Twilight is his chance. I am keeping all my fingers (and toes!) crossed that the film will also be shown here in good old Amsterdam on the 21st of November.

Twilight photo from here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Twilight sister here! I'm so bitten by Cullen virus. I'm so excited to use my Twilight shoes this weekend. =) I agree that Rob didn't mark much as Cedrick. Look at where Twilight brought him. =)

Kreez said...

Hi wits, I know exactly what you mean, imagine I didn't even notice how cute he was in Harry Potter but because of Twilight my eyes were opened. hehe

ohhh those shoes are soo cute! I placed an order online for the accessories, don't know when they'll arrive.