Friday 31 October 2008

Luggage in tow



While honey and I were packing the suitcase that I’ll be taking with me today, very late last night, I can’t help but notice the difference in volume of my bag as compared to the size of the suitcase when Honey’s the one going on business trips. When he went to Korea a couple of weeks back, what he had in tow was half of the size of the bag I’m taking with me today. I even trimmed down the things that I have to bring.

When I got here in the office, all the guys who see my luggage was like “that’s a big bag, how long are you gonna be there for?” However, when lady colleagues see my bag, they don’t find it strange. Why is it that guys can live with so few essentials and women can’t?

What do I consider essentials anyway? For starters of course I need to have my toiletries (conditioners, facial wash, moisturizer, lotion, etc. etc), hair dryer, hair iron, I’ll be in the office most of the day so I need my corporate attire, we’ll be going out in the evening and on the weekends so I need casual clothes and of course shoes that will go with these outfit. If you combine all of these, it results in a huge bag.

Anyway, I am off to Singapore and will be there till Sunday next week. I’ll be there for business purposes but hopefully, I’ll have time to explore the city as well since I have never been there before. I’ll bring my laptop with me but I’m not sure If I’ll be able to have connection while I’m there. I’m really thrilled apart from the fact that I’m going to a new place without honey.

Be back in a week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need more stuff for mix and match and personal paraphernalias, that's why a bigger bag. =) Enjoy Singapore and take care!

Kreez said...

Correct! and now that i'm here I still feel that i'm lacking a lot of stuff!

thanks wits, i'm actually enjoying it alot although it's a bit tough on the first 2 days to adjust to the weather coz it's too warm and the temp in Ams is too cold but it's a great city.

niko said...

kasi nga men are from mars and we're from venus! :)

oi ingat ka jan dear!!

pasalubong! :D hahah

niko said...

i know ur super busy dear.. take time and enjoy singapore!!

for now i have a tag for you! hehehe

http://nikoganda.blogspot.com/2008/11/just-feel-better.html

take care ha!

A said...

men can wear their clothes twice and just need to air it out, women wouldn't be caught dead in the same outfit twice in a row! lol! btw, thanks for dropping on my site... :)

Unknown said...

I don't agree that men need less then women.
Not always.

But then you shouldn't wear make-up, wash your hair with the local shapoo and use the shoes you wear.

Kreez said...

ane, in some cases i think your right, it's not noticeable if men wear their pants or shirt twice but when ladies do that it's more obvious. btw, love your site, very interesting.

Iaane, i agree that there are some men who are more meticulous on their outfit than some women are. But in my case, need to wear a shoe that fits the outfit that i'm wearing although, i did use the shampoo that i bought from the local store (dove shampoo is i think everywhere anyway) :-)

Kreez said...

niko, ooopps i'll do the tag very soon, i just need to settle back in to my very cold environment haha.