Monday 6 October 2008

Me, myself and “I”



I have been meaning to post this entry for days now but I didn’t realize it will take me a while to finally think of the last item on the list. Toni, a couple of days ago, tagged me to write 10 things I love that start with the letter “I”. Initially, I was on a roll, I listed 9 things within 15 minutes but then the last one is always the hardest one to come up with. And so the list:

1) INRI – (Iesvs Nazarenvs Rex Ivdaeorvm) one of the biggest factors in my life, if not the biggest, is my faith. In him, I find solace and peace. He gives more meaning to my triumphs and he provides solace and peace in times of trouble. I truly believe that there is no love greater than his.

2) Inay – I never called my mom “inay” but I think she would have liked it, same way that Mama Lits liked hearing it from the son of our couple-friend who’s kids call them “inay and itay”. As they say, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet and this term of endearment rightfully reminds me of my mom and how every now and then I ache to see her or hear her again.


3) Intricate Thoughts – I always had a passion for writing and when I was still in school, I had several opportunities to express myself in the written word. However, nowadays, being an accountant doesn’t really fulfill this desire. That is why I thank God for blogs, I was able to create Intricate Thoughts were I can express myself and it provides me a venue where I do something that is close to my heart.


4) Indigo – purple, violet, blue violet…. These are the colors that I really go for. This was the initial motif that I want for my wedding but then again I decided to go for rainbow, why just go for one when you can have them all.

5) Ice Cream – Ben & Jerry’s New York super fudge chunk, Haagen Dazs’ chocolate chip cookie dough, Arce Dairy’s blueberry and much much more… Pure indulgence.

6) Italy – Never actually been to Italy (although I’ve been bugging Honey to take me here soon). I have always dreamed of going to Italy (Venice in particular). It just looks to romantic and the food seems gastronomic. Haven for Pizza and pasta fanatics, how can I go wrong?


.
7) Incense and Candles – lavender, vanilla and peppermint are normally the scents that I go for. These make my bubble bath experience more relaxing and something to look forward to at the end of a busy week

8) Imagining – day dreaming, fantasizing. One of the many things I try to find time for is my alone time, this is when I allow my mind to soar in the depths of the ocean of fly the borderless freedom of the sky, this is the time when I make a vivid picture of the future that I want to have. I just love the freedom and the mind exercise it provides and it gives me a better perspective of my future decisions.


9) Inasal – too bad I only enjoy them each time I am back in Philippines. The smoky flavor of the chicken (I prefer breast) dipped in a mixture of soy sauce, kalamansi and some chili compliments the rice so well, it is so simple and yet so captivating.

10) “I love you” – of course! How can I write about ten things that I love that starts with letter “I” without writing this phrase. I would have to say that my normal day would start and end with this phrase. I feel like my day is not complete without me saying this to Honey and hearing it from him.

It was fun making the list, really want to keep the ball rolling so if any of you wants to be tagged, tell me so that i could give you a letter!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Good job! :) Ice cream had to be on the list for sure. I love that too! :D

Kreez said...

i would have to say, whoever invented ice cream was a genius!