Monday 15 June 2009

Angels and Demons


(via)

I’ve been wanting to watch Angels and Demons for weeks now, but somehow, going to the movies gets bumped off by other more pressing (or other not so pressing) matters in my weekend to do list. Finally last Saturday, for our week date, honey took me to the movies.

It’s not surprising that there is so few of us inside the cinema, after all, the movie is on its third week of showing. It made the ambiance of watching the film more conducive for me though, I never liked a cinema that is packed. I must say that I liked Angels and Demons (the novel) better than The Da Vinci code which fuelled my excitement to see the movie. I was curious as to how the makers are going to fit all the exciting portions of the book into a two-and-a-half-hour movie. The movie was enjoyable although, if feel that there were certain important areas in the novel that weren’t fully developed in the movie. Of all the cast of characters, I liked Ewan McGregor’s portrayal of the carmelengo the most, I think he really gave a convincing performance. As expected, there were deviations from the novel and I think that a person who watched the movie without reading the book first will be more entertained, and completely clueless as to the ending. .

Although I’ve enjoyed the novel immensely, I was a half expecting to be disappointed with the movie as I was when I watched The Da Vinci code (the first Dan Brown novel translated into film) but to my surprise, I did enjoy the film and can say that it’s definitely worth watching.

4 comments:

witsandnuts said...

I read The Da Vinci Code but didn't watch the adaption. Only after I watched Angels and Demons. So I didn't imagine Tom Hanks while reading A & D. =) Ewan McGregor was convincing.

Happy Thoughts said...

I've been thinking of watching this too but I was quite hesitant. Thanks for the review.

Kreez said...

wits, to be honest, I don't see Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon hehe, don't know why, in my head Robert Langdon is better looking. But i agree Ewan McGregor is the standout of this movie.

Happy Thoughts, its really an enjoyable film.

niko said...

kreezy i will read ur post tom,

silip lng ako to tell u that i have a fun tag for u.. try it out

http://nikoganda.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-1950s-name-is-naomi-yvonne.html