Wednesday 17 June 2009

What’s in a name

My name has always invoked curiosity especially with newly met acquaintances or friends. See my name is not at all unique, but when my name is given to a girl, that’s what triggers the questions. I’m the sixth daughter (we’re seven siblings in all… no boys) and my parents decided to give me a boy’s come what may. I actually like the idea, and if ever our little angel is a girl, I’m contemplating on giving her a girl’s name with a boyish nickname (like Alexandra with a nickname of Alex… cute right!).

Now, I’ve received another tag from Niko and it gives a link to a site that translates your current name into its 1950s version. What? I got curios obviously and so off I went and followed the link. I wasn’t expecting a very girly 1950s name, it sounds so cute. Its sounds so Wizard of Oz that I imagine myself wearing a ruby red shoe. Haha




Your 1950s Name is: Dorothy Wanda






Head on over to the link to discover your 1950's name. Oh and please link back here so i could know what your names are. Have fun

10 comments:

niko said...

oo nga bigla ko na alala si dorothy.. :) pero cute sya noh? heheheh ang galing nga kasi yena's name is glenda yvonne while mine is naomi yvonne :)

thanks for doing the tag!!

emarene said...

ha-ha kreez! a coincidence! my second name is more for boys than girls. I am the third of 3 girls thus my father wanted me to have a boy name.

witsandnuts said...

I actually like your name. Alam mo yung sabi sabi dati ng mga grandparents natin, para daw swerte yung name sa girl should sound a little masculine and vice versa. Kaya since very girl ang real name ko, nickname ko na lang ginawa kong masculine. Hehe, joke. Coincidence lang yun. I'll take this quiz. =)

Toni said...

Interesting link!

My name daw is "Veronica Loretta." Cute. :D

Kreez said...

niko, ang cute naman ng name ni yena!

emarene, un nga sabi nung yaya ko dati sa mama ko dapat daw binigyan ako ng isa pang name na medyo girly naman para balanced

wits, oo nga ang cute nung 1950s name ko hehe. talaga? hindi ko alam ung kasabihan na un ah, hehe now more than ever convinced na ako pag girl si Bee ang nick nya medyo masculine hehe.

Toni, awww, ang cute naman ng name mo.

witsandnuts said...

My name daw is Naomi Frances. Haha. You read the book "The Host"? One of the main characters there is named Wanda.

niko said...

i have another award for u buntis..
http://nikoganda.blogspot.com/2009/06/awards-that-lift-me-up.html

Kreez said...

Wits, super cute talaga ng name mo nakakatuwa. No I didn't read The Host kasi sabi ng friend ko hindi daw maganda hehe. Nacurious tuloy ako

thanks niko I'll drop by your blog in a bit.

lady cess said...

hi dorothy, i'm frances marsha :D mas gusto ko ang name mo!
17 weeks ka na pala! woohoo! take care!

Kreez said...

lady cess, ang cute din nga nun name mo I really like frances.

oo nga 17 weeks and getting bigger haha. good luck satin!