Saturday 27 June 2009

A very delayed Father's Day Post


I really wanted to make honey's very first Father's Day as special as it can be because it's his very first. I ordered a gift for him online a couple of days before and I also bought a cute card where I'll write him a letter. I thought everything was going according to plan. However, when Friday come and went without me receiving the package, I knew it wouldn't arrive in time for the special day (and up to the time of posting this, we haven't received it yet!). I was so frustrated but thinking that there’s no point of making a big fuss over something that I can’t control, I just focused on beautifying my card.

It’s been a while since I’ve last written to honey so I knew he’d like this card a lot. And the moment I saw this adorable looking card, I knew this was what I was looking for. This post is late coz I didn’t want to take chances of honey peeking here and seeing the letter I wrote for him.

I am sharing with you now what I wrote on the card and as expected honey liked it a lot!

"To my Honey,

Another chapter of our love is about to unfold and we are about to face a daunting experience, but every fibre of my being is full of excitement and optimism that with you by my side, this will be a part of our journey that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

I’m filled with joy as I think of how lucky our little angel is going to be having you as a father. If s/he will receive even just a morsel of the love you have shown me throughout these years, then s/he is gonna be loved like no other child has been or will ever be loved.

You have been my rock all these years and having you by my side have made me stronger and made me want to become better in everything that I do. I have no qualms that you will be the fortress that protects our child, a light to our precious gift and an inspiration for him/her to become the best person that s/he can be.

I wanted to make this day, your very first father’s day, special for you coz I know, without a doubt, that you are the best Daddy in the whole world.

Bee and I love you so much!"

3 comments:

niko said...

aw. kaiyak nmn letter mo.. naiyak ko. huhuh. seryus yan kreezy :(

witsandnuts said...

I hope the package arrives before the next celebration of Father's Day. Lol. =) It's the thought that counts anyway. And the message in the card is more than enough. =)

Kreez said...

niko, thanks! tatanong ko nga si honey kung naiyak din sya haha.

wits, actually nadeliver na last thursday kaya lang iniwan sa kapitbahay namin eh parang nagbakasyon ata ung kapitbahay namin kaya until now hindi pa rin namin nakukuha haha. sabi ko nga kay honey next year ko nalang ibibigay sa kanya un hehe.