Saturday 22 November 2008

Anticipation at its peak


Of all my loots from Singapore, one of my favorites would have to be the illustrated movie companion of Twilight. I have been scouring from bookstore to bookstore here in Amsterdam in search of this book for quite a while since I've heard of its existence. Unfortunately, I have not found a copy anywhere. I was about to give up and order on line. However, when the details of my business trip to Singapore was finalized, I decided to hold off ordering online for a couple of weeks and check out some bookstores in Singapore first. On our last day, when I've already lost hope that I'll be savouring a copy of this illustrated movie companion over the 13 hour flight that awaits me going back to Amsterdam, I found it on display in the window of a bookstore that i have by passed once or twice before. I was so excited that my heart skipped a bit while I run my finger through the cover of the book. I strolled out of the bookstore with the copy in tow and a huge smile in my face.

Now that I have been so excited to see the movie, which unfortunately will be shown here in Amsterdam only on the 4th of December, the illustrated movie companion is fuelling my anticipation even more. It's nice to be privy to some behind the scene details of the movie filming.

I can't wait till the 4th of December, I'm sure its gonna be a film worth the wait.

4 comments:

emarene said...

Kreez,
When the movie was shown here in Toronto, the cast was here causing quite a commotion in the moviehouse -- and to think it opened on the same day as Quantum of Solace.
Heard all the fuss about this movie, but have not checked this out -- maybe I should...

Kreez said...

awww, i'm green with envy... it's already shown there. here I still need to wait more than a week. I did read in some reviews that Twilight is flaring well vs Quantum of Solace.

I really think that it's gonna be worthwhile seeing.

Anonymous said...

We have the same playdate. So waiting for December 4! The movie companion is not available in the bookstores here. I've decided that I might just get one when I'm home this December. =)

Kreez said...

hi wits, yey! it's almost December 4! so excited. Yeah I think it's best that you get it from Manila... much cheaper too. Hope you have a great time on your holidays!