Wednesday 26 November 2008

Singapore Orchid Farm


Purple, white, yellow, red, orange… the palette of colors that welcomed us as we entered the famous Singapore Orchid farm was simply painstaking.
Ever since I was able to care for my own orchids at home, I became more fascinated with these pretty and elegant flowers. So I was like a kid in a candy store when our tour guide in Singapore took us to this orchid garden. The flowers are of varied shapes, sizes and colors. There was a section in the garden where all the flowers were named after famous people, heads of states or their wives, actors and actresses. It was a bit rainy when we were touring the garden but that didn’t damp my enthusiasm in taking in all the beauty that surrounds me. I had to make do with my phone camera as my digital camera’s battery died on me, but in spite of a less reliable camera, I must say that the beauty of the place was not compromised.





As I tour around the garden, I can’t help but think that this place is a great venue for a wedding or even just a wedding photo shoot. Simply wonderful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautifully exotic orchids. My Dad used to grow orchids in our back yard so I was exposed to many varieties yet nothing as exotic as these. Thanks for sharing and sparking my memories.

Kreez said...

i was also amazed by the variety of orchids there were in the garden, it's really beautiful, I'm more enthused to grow more orchids now.

Glad i sparked some fond memories. Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

Exotik orchids. I like the white one. =)

Kreez said...

there were so many orchids to chose from, can't decide which is my favorite, but the waterfall (the first picture) is so pretty!