Monday 24 November 2008

First snow fall of the season



“Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we’ve no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!” - This is the song that keeps on playing in my head last Saturday as I stare out the window to our roof terrace covered with pure white, clean refreshing snow. Oh, I just love looking out on a street covered with snow, it’s so relaxing, so peaceful so serene. The only down side to the heavy snow fall over the weekend is, contrary to what the song in my head is saying, we did have to go some place and it was more difficult to drag myself out of our warm home to the biting cold outside. Thank God for thick coats and car heater.

This morning, on my way to the office, as I walk the cold streets of Amsterdam, the wind was blowing snow flakes that melt as soon as they touch my face or that cling to my coat. I don’t understand why, in spite of the fact that I was chilling to my bones, I enjoyed walking as the snow was moderately falling. Why snow is so fascinating, I can never tell, all I can say is that for me snow is more than just slivers of ice trickling down from the sky, for me they are little white flakes of magic.

8 comments:

emarene said...

kreez,
can't stop it...winter is here. We had our first dusting of snow last October yet and last week it felt like January already.
but just like you,i like snow too.
yes, they are magical.

Kreez said...

hi emarene, yes snow is just so beautiful and yes winter is here to stay!

enjoy the snow!

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I must admit snow is very beautiful when it first falls, as long as I do not have to drive in it! My cats sure like watching it fall from the sky and I try to make the best of it. Bundling up is a nuisance though.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely beautiful. We never see snow here. What a treat.

Anonymous said...

And those pictures are just beautiful. I could look at snow for hours, I just don't like going out in it unless it's for fun.

Kreez said...

Hi Karen, my hubby couldn't agree with you more, he likes to stare at the falling snow but he doesn't like driving in it! haha

Jodapoet, yeah, the first time we saw snow, we were so excited heck we don't have snow in Manila!

Sheila, yes snow is so lovely but sometimes it's a nuisance that it's biting cold when you step outside.

niko said...

i dream of touching snow one day.. if you could send it by email will you send me bags full of snow?? :)

how are you kreez?? hope all is well with you and junfer.. touch one snow for me! tc

Kreez said...

hey niko, so glad you had a grand birthday celebration. haha if only i could send bottled snow to you guys, hope you get to see real snow very soon.

junfer and I are doing great, thanks for asking!