Wednesday 11 February 2009

From Squeaky to Healthy

Since honey and I decided to work out at home so we can do it together, we have been doing so well. We wake up earlier and take turns on using the lateral step machine (our cardio exercise) then do some weights, I also do some Pilates work out using my fabulous DVD and Pilates circle that I bought from home TV shopping…. (Don’t judge me please, hehe). Honey and I also manage to work out before we eat dinner when we manage to arrive early from work. However, last week, I got pissed off with the lateral step machine, it came to a point when it squeaked so loudly each time honey and I use it. It’s not very motivating to work out at 6 am, when you have just opened your eyes and there goes the loud squeaking sound from your machine.

I finally hit my limits and last weekend, I hauled honey to the sports shop just a block away from our place and told him that I saw a cross-trainer on sale in the catalogue. I convinced honey that it’s a good investment, anyway we’ll be using the machine for years (it has a 3 year warranty so I’m quite convinced that it’s a good investment). Without much fuss, honey and I decided to buy the machine to replace the squeaky one that we’ve been using.

So far, I couldn’t be any happier, I enjoy a smooth and rejuvenating workout without my ears getting irritated the entire time. This cross-trainer is also a breeze to use, it gives good support to the ankles and doesn’t strain the knee as I work out plus, on the monitor, I get my pulse count, calorie count, time, distance and speed. It also allows me to select a program (from several levels of workout that it has) for my workout.



I am looking forward to more work out sessions with honey and our new workout buddy. I hope we spend years of healthy living together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have had a cross trainer than the stationary bike. Huh, it's not so good. I've already given up the bike (gave it to someone else) and recently returned to doing yoga at home.

Kreez said...

i feel bored on a bike kaya we opted for the cross trainer. anyway that's the only cardio machine i use when i go to the gym. we're really loving it... even hubby. I miss doing yoga, maybe i should include that in my exercise routine.

emarene said...

Maybe I should get one. The treadmill is boring me now. The one in the picture does not look too big.
Hmmm.

Kreez said...

hi emarene, i should tell you in our case its totally worth it. Your right its not too bulky so we managed to squeeze it in a corner in front of the TV so we don't get bored when we use it.

Umma said...

Hi Kreez.. Happy Valentines day to you.. OMG! I used the elliptical before and I feel like my feet is going nuts hahaha.. maybe nanibago.. but I didnt use it for long, di kaya ng powers ko.

Im impressed you did Kreez, wow next time you'll hv your vacation in Pinas, baka di ka makilala ni Niko nyan hahaha..super sexy ka na masyado.

Kreez said...

hi umma, for me i can't use treadmill, don't know why, un ang hindi kaya ng powers ko hehe. sexy? I wish! hehe

Belated Happy Valentines Day to you and your hubby!