Monday 2 February 2009

Broken Hearted

(via)
Yesterday afternoon was spent lounging around the TV set. In spite of the rarely, sunny weather, I can’t help but have my eyes fixed on the TV and watch every moment of the Australian Open championship match between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. I have to say both are great sports men and equally talented. I was vouching for Federer coz I’m really hoping that he beats Pete Sampras’ record of 14 Grand Slams. Too bad, in the end he lost but it was a well fought game, 5 sets of heart stopping, excellent and dramatic tennis. I can’t help but be teary eyed when Roger Federer, heart broken as he was, started sobbing during the awarding ceremony. However, as always he exhibited grace when defeated. You can tell that both players have a mutual admiration and respect for one another. I also think that Rafael Nadal totally deserved to win, he was precise and quick and really talented. I was also impressed when, after winning, he accepted the award with humility. This match was not as close as last year’s Wimbledon championship match between this two great sports men but it was really a great game.

I still believe that Roger Federer will achieve his goal of breaking Sampras’ record

No comments: