Thursday 29 January 2009

Better late than never

The Christmas package that our company gave us last year was quite interesting, my favourite item in the box is the travelling bag which is perfect for carry on luggage. The Christmas box also has a thermos, several food items and a cookbook. I love to cook but I wasn’t at all thrilled with the cookbook in spite of the fact that all the recipes inside look delectable. Reason: it was in Dutch. I was frustrated when I browsed through the book. The pictures in each recipe look so yummy and I can’t even try them. It’s too much of a hassle to translate them.

A couple of days back, I received an email saying that if we want to, we can exchange the cookbook we received in our Christmas box for an English one. I immediately registered.



Today, I finally got my English copy of the cookbook. Yey! I can finally try the recipes, I would’ve wanted to do it for the holidays but hey, it’s better late than never.

5 comments:

emarene said...

That was considerate of them to think of the exchange...(or somebody made a boo-boo).
Anyways, got to try them --- they must be good.

Kreez said...

hi emarene, i think it was because the committee who chooses the gift items in the box realized that there are quite a big % of expats in our office. I agree it was considerate of them. I remember there was a cookbook in previous year's boxes which is in Dutch and is collecting dust at home.

gLoR!e said...

i can understand a 'little' in Dutch language i love cook books unfortunately don't know how to cook..How r you? I had been always away from blogs ggrrr now matter i wanted to hooked on it but i can't..so i am sometimes late here..!:(

GagayMD said...

whew! dropping by on a sunny blessed sunday!

gagay

Kreez said...

hey glorie, i can understand there are just times when we're so swamped with a lot on our plate, great your back blog hopping.

hey gagay! have a great week ahead