Wednesday 21 January 2009

Compromise & a big cup of coffee


Every morning, I prepare breakfast for honey and me. I have always been a firm believer that one shouldn’t skip the first meal of the day. So, ever since honey and I became a couple, I’ve influenced him, who previously was not a breakfast eater, to have breakfast. Although honey and I are not big on coffee, it has become a part of my breakfast, not for honey though. So each morning, I would ask him if he feels like drinking coffee, tea, juice or just water. Normally, when he would request for coffee, he ends up not drinking it at all, otherwise, if he doesn’t request for it, he ends up sharing my small cup of coffee which leaves me with less than a cup. He’s just like that, he prefers to share my cup of coffee than having one of his own.

This morning, I’ve finally come up with a solution for our dilemma, I’ve found a bigger mug in the cupboard, made one and a half cups worth of coffee and we were all smiles during breakfast.

Over the big cup of coffee, honey and I discussed another compromise. See, I’m morning person, so it’s not a big deal for me to wake up earlier to work out. However, honey is more of a nocturnal creature… he prefers to stay late and wake up as late as possible. A couple of weeks back, I’ve agreed with honey that instead of my normal routine of going to the gym in the morning, we both could just wake up earlier and work out together at home, anyway we have several equipments at home which should be good enough. He’s main protest is that it’s harder for him to wake up early. So while having our big cup of coffee, I proposed another compromise. I told him that we could wake up early on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and do our work outs at night on Tuesdays and Thursdays, that way we could stay longer in bed two weekdays. He was happy and we were all smiles after breakfast.

Coffee and compromises, all in a wife’s day.

7 comments:

emarene said...

Kreez,
Good deal I say! Almost everything can be mutually agreed over a cup of coffee - I must add.

Kreez said...

hi emarene, I comletely agree!

niko said...

hi kreez!

marriage is really a compromise! :) but me being bratty sometimes i just cant compromise hahaha

i admire u and junfer.. prang lahat ok.. click na click! :)

Kreez said...

hi niko, haha Junfer and I also has our share of petty fights, but we're learning to compromise more and more, we've been together long enough para masakyan ang toyo ng isa hehe.

I can be bratty sometimes din! kaya lang i try to lessen na hehe

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are a very reasonable person, willing to compromise and help your husband as a wife should. That coffee solution is genius! I love that you don't expect him to change his ways.

Kreez said...

Hi Karen, i've always believed that i can only change me, it will be futile to work and change other people.

haha, i thought that coffee solution was great!

niko said...

oi i cant imagine u being a bratty wife ha!!! u seem so baet na wife nga e.. pramis.

o xa eto pang isang tag..sana magustuhan mo.. heheh

http://nikoganda.blogspot.com/2009/01/what-do-i-love-about-my-husband.html