Thursday 22 January 2009

Thankful

(photo from flickr)


I’m thankful for the man I see when I wake up,
Whose mere hugs and kisses make my heart stop.
I’m grateful that I sleep like a baby through the night,
And ‘coz just before I doze, I hear, “I love you, sleep tight”.

I’m grateful for the roof over my head,
and for the warmth and comfort of my bed.
I cherish those hearty meals coupled with resounding laughter,
But there is nothing more exhilarating than a playful banter.

I’m thankful that I see a bright future coz of my past,
And that I’m full of hope even when the sky is overcast.
I’m thrilled by the sun, whose warmth can rejuvenate,
But I also long for lazy afternoons only a downpour can create.

As I look around, I can’t help but appreciate
the miracles, the magic, the wonders, even fate.
I have been a witness to how life can be so pleasant,
If only we can learn to live, not the future, but the present.

So today, as my life counts another year,
I can’t stop my smile, which goes from ear to ear.
Coz I can’t think of any other phrase more fitting,
But “I’m thankful” to portray how I feel about the life that I’m living.

-------
as i was trying to write something on my birthday, all the words that are popping in my head seem to rhyme so I though might as well make a poem :-)

4 comments:

niko said...

what a nice poem dear!! love it!! ;)

happy happy birthday!!! u have everything! do u still wish while blowing the candles on ur cake?? :) hahha

i think i have to wish for u.. a baby maybe!! heheh id like to see the junior you and junfer hohohohoh

enjoy ur day!! take care always!

Kreez said...

Thanks niko! I did enjoy the day, I actually forgot to make a wish yesterday though, hehe, pero i think a baby would be on my wish list for my birthday! haha

emarene said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Here's hoping you will get your baby wish! (I've been wondering about that since I've been reading your blog)

Kreez said...

thanks emarene, haha, yes when hubby and I got married we said after two years we'd like to have a baby of our own, and it was our 2nd year last September so we have a new project. hehe