Tuesday 6 January 2009

Angels in the tree



It never ceases to amaze me how a simple tree, when draped with sparkling lights, glittering balls and shiny ornaments, can transform a house into a home. One of the things that I look forward to the most during the holiday season is dressing up the tree. For me, there is a certain joy upon gazing at a freshly decorated tree in the corner of the living room.

Ever since we lived here in Amsterdam, I can’t help but notice that we have fewer options when it comes to ornaments that we can decorate the tree with. I have always liked putting a star or an angel atop the tree but truly, I have searched high and low but found nothing that I liked. For the last two Christmases, we decided to let the top of our Christmas tree remain bare instead of putting just anything there.

A week before Christmas though, I think our fate has finally changed. While strolling along the Christmas market, a glittery light from one of the stalls caught my eye. I immediately went and there it was, low and behold, beautiful angels lined in a row in different shades of gowns and various styles. A squeal of sheer excitement escaped my lips and honey had to rush to me to see what it was that I was so happy about. I pointed out to him the treasure that I was gazing at he understood immediately what I meant. There were so many designs that are so pretty and in the end I couldn’t decide between two angels so I asked honey just to pick and buy one. In the end, I saw honey handing two angels to the seller and paying for it telling me that it was so obvious that I liked both of them so he decided that we can always have more angels at home. So sweet my honey!



I have finally chosen the angel dressed in a green gown to occupy the top of our Christmas tree. I can’t be any happier with our angels. I just wanted one but now I have two.

3 comments:

emarene said...

with such beautiful angels, it must be difficult to put down the Christmas tree now.

Umma said...

Happy New Year Kreeze.. How was your celebration over there? It would have been more fun if you spent it in Phils isnt it?

Oh, I love collecting Angels.. they are so sweet and innocent porcelain doll thus a great decor too.

Btw, pls check my baby blog as I just posted the first birthday party of my little boy.
@ www.yeunglei.com

Ciao!!

Kreez said...

hi emarene, exactly, honey is making all excuses to keep the tree longer hehe but i think he will have no choice but to bring it down after three kings hehe... Happy New Year!

hey umma, i'll check those cutie pictures right now. Angels have a fascinating thing about them. I'm so glad i found these porcelain ones... so lovely, Happy new year!