Wednesday 7 January 2009

All I want for Christmas

It has been one busy holiday season in our home. Initially, I thought that I would have a relaxed Christmas eve since honey and I decided to accept the invitation of a good friend, Ate E, to spend Noche Buena with them together with rest of our friends from CFC. Then I thought wrong, I laboured the entire day making the fondant cake that I wanted to bring to the party. Oh well, it all turned out great so my efforts were not put to waste.


I made the fondant from scratch and moulded it to cover the cake. I also bought some snow man decors to top the cake with. Using my cookie cutters, I cut the fondant in heart and flower shapes to decorate the cake as well. I am so pleased with the outcome. It was so cute. I coloured the first tier of the cake (which is cappuccino flavoured cake) red and the top layer (chocolate cake) green, very Christmassy.


Oh and by the way, I was able to tick some items off my wish listand I’m waiting for the other items which are still in transit and hopefully, I’ll be able to tick the others as well. Thanks honey!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! That's a really lovely cake!

Kreez said...

thanks relimom, this is my second attempt on handling fondant and i'm glad that this one turned out well, the first time was a disaster hehe.