Monday 26 January 2009

Birthday Flowers

Last Thursday, I have celebrated another year of my life and, as all the other years before, for me it was special. The one great thing I love about my birthdays is that it triggers my mind to look back and as I have said, I can’t help but be thankful simply because the past year has been filled not only with so much blessings but more so of love.

Niko came to me with another tag and as always, her tag couldn’t have had a better timing, her tag is about enumerating the things that you love about your husband.
I have been itching to write about this instance last Thursday which is a typical example of why I’m so thankful that my life is filled with love and explains some of the things that I love about honey.

Last Thursday, since it’s customary in our office for people celebrating their birthdays to invite the team for cakes, instead of buying the normal cakes that we order, I made some cheesecakes and brought it to the office. As everyone from our department was having cakes in my office, I was stunned to see honey standing on the door with a huge bouquet of flowers in his hand. I was so surprised for two reasons, first because just thirty minutes before that, he called me from his office to tell me that he was stuck in a meeting the entire morning, second, you cannot get past our lobby without an employee of the building picking you up from the reception. I blushed profusely as all the girls in our team went “aaawww, that is so sweet!” Everyone was so impressed that he drove all the way from his office, dropped a bouquet of flowers on my table and head back to his work again. One of my colleagues even said “he’s setting the bar too high for the rest of the guys!”

That is one of the greatest things I love about honey, he always thinks of grand gestures to express his love for me and he stops at nothing to pull it off. I couldn’t believe that he called one of my friends from the office to pick him up from the reception so that he can give me the flowers personally and surprise me.

Later that evening, honey planned a dinner for the two of us and made reservations at a fancy restaurant in Amsterdam Central, but since it’s an utter nightmare to get a parking space in that area, we would have to take the train and since it was raining so hard, I didn’t want to commute to the restaurant. Honey surprised me by saying “Don’t worry I have a back up plan, I’ve made reservations in another restaurant near our place where we can take the car.”

I love it that honey always anticipates the things that I like and he’s always willing to alter any plans or decisions that he makes to accommodate me. Some of my friends even tell me that he spoils me a lot that way but he’s just like that, he wants to make me happy.

There is just too much about honey that I love, like when he makes me his omelets for breakfast over the weekend, when he records my favorite shows on TV so that I could watch it later, the way he makes me laugh, the way he is so passionate about his faith, when he tirelessly and neatly rearranges my closet each time I’ve completely made a mess out of it, the way he is with my family and friends and most of all the way he is with me. He does have his own flaws but for me they are quirkiness that I find cute and in the end utterly lovable. I know that there is no one perfect person but in my heart and mind, I know I’m married to one.

5 comments:

niko said...

wohohohohoh!!! that is very very sweeeeeeeeet!!!! naimagine ko pagbablush mo!!! galing galing.. prang movie eto.. haha kakilig :D

thanks for doing the tag dear! galing mo tlga magsulat.. :D

emarene said...

That is sooooo sweeeett. I'm beginning to fall in love with honey too!

Kreez said...

haha, niko blush to the max talaga ako hehe, tapos after he dropped the flowers nagmamadali na umalis kasi late na sya sa meeting nya hehe.

emarene, haha, he is very lovable nga haha!

Lin said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! :)

Kreez said...

thanks Lin!