Wednesday 18 March 2009

Creamy Heaven

For as long as I could remember, I have been in constant search for the best cheesecake. From the best recipes to the café that serves the most delectable slice of this creamy, sensual treat. My most favourite cheesecake is the kind topped with one of my most favourite fruits, blueberries. My constant search has always been focused with the New York cheesecake kind, however, last Friday, after dropping by one of my most visited blogs, I chanced upon this interesting recipe of a Japanese cheesecake. Having pledged my loyalty to the cheesecake club for as long as I could remember, I am quite surprised that I’ve never tried this kind before.

Last Friday evening, with my apron wrapped around my waist, I wielded my mixer and started trying my hand on this gorgeous treat. The recipe was quite simple, I don’t have an 8 1/2 “ silicone baking pan so I used the one that I have, I think it’s 10” (I’m not sure) and I baked mine using a baine-marie and it turned out beautifully. Honey was out with some old colleagues that night so I decided to unmold the cake for tomorrow’s breakfast.



The next morning, I’m thrilled to sample the cake that was waiting for me inside my oven. I sliced a huge piece, took a forkful of the smooth cake and the minute it touched my tongue, it melted. It was as light as snow. I savoured every mouthful of this sinful and tempting treat. I couldn’t help but close my eyes as allow my tongue to feast on the sweet, tangy and fluffy heaven. Pure bliss!



This is the only cheesecake that I’ve made that honey enjoyed as well (he’s not a cheesecake person). This recipe shoots up to one of my top cheesecake recipe list.

5 comments:

emarene said...

I love cheesecakes too. I can't bake though. Too bad they stay on the hips forever. :)

Kreez said...

emarene, oo nga eh, kaya nga i prefer to bake them, when i indulge, at least i can use non-fat/low-fat ingredients kesa ung store bought hehe.

Anonymous said...

I like cheesecakes. I tried this jap cake here in Abu Dhabi. They serve this in BreadTalk Khalidiyah Mall.

Kreez said...

Oh yeah, i remember seeing that in Bread talk when i was in Manila, i made a mental note to grab one after i shopped and when i was about to buy, out of stock na.

Anonymous said...

i spied a no-bake cheesecake recipe in toni's blog. it was really good!