Monday 2 March 2009

Weekend Frenzy

via

At five in the afternoon last Friday, I was already envisioning myself lounging on the sofa reading a book or watching my favourite TV series while having snacks or staying in bed until late morning. By eight in the evening, I saw my dream of a relaxed weekend slowly fading right before my eyes. I realized that I had to make a birthday cake for a friend’s daughter’s birthday the next day coupled with the fact that honey was not feeling too well that night and so I wanted to make him a comforting dinner. The moment I stepped into the house, I put on my favourite apron and started labouring in the kitchen hoping that I’ll finish everything, latest by midnight. We had dinner by around nine in the evening, I gave honey some paracetamol and tucked him into bed. I continued to work on my cake and managed to clear everything by quarter to twelve, I’m so pleased with myself, right on time.

Saturday and Sunday’s activities all happened at warp speed. I finished icing my cake, honey and I attended a dinner party on Saturday which ended at way past midnight, I cooked jam right after the party (until now that I’m writing this, I still don’t know what came over me to be cooking jam after midnight), I cooked a dinner for a dozen people for Sunday, host a dinner party at home on Sunday night, I’ve managed to try my hand on a Singaporean style tartlets from a recipe a colleague gave me and top it all off, I managed to spend time with my orchids, do some shopping and take some photos (to serve as evidence of how busy I was over the weekend hehe).

Looking back at all the things honey and I did over the weekend, I am not surprised that when my alarm clock buzzed this morning, I almost didn’t want to get out of bed and had to peel myself very slowly off the sheets and get ready for work. Weekends really come and go so quickly, I think I need another two more days to recuperate from all the weekend frenzy. ;-)

3 comments:

niko said...

hahah! was laughing at ur stories.. kasi naman you're such a great cook! imagine 2 days straight ka nagbusy busyhan sa iyong kitchen! :)

kaya pala u like going home early kahit start pa lang ng day mo! hahaha

hope junfer is feeling ok now!

at gusto kta icongrats ha! magaling ka tlga magluto!! inggit ako!! :D

emarene said...

Yes, we imagine weekends are 2 long free days - but truth is - it goes swiftly by. Over and done.
Don't you wish we have the reliable "helpers" from home?
I miss them.

Kreez said...

niko, hehe looking back on those times that i was still living with my parents, i couldn't even handle a spatula, now i can cook an entire meal... that's what happens when you're forced to learn hehe. Sigurado matututo ka na magluto since you're moving to a home of your own. Good luck!

haay marene, what i would give for helpers at home, we filipinos get so used to having hired helps at home that we just neglect how easy they make our lives for us, now that we do everything on our own we know!