Wednesday 4 March 2009

Tulips and Spring

Like most people, honey and I have a frantic schedule during weekdays, therefore, honey and I like to take things easy on weekdays (if and when circumstances permit it). My typical Saturday morning would begin at around nine to nine thirty. I would take my own sweet time in preparing breakfast. Once honey and I get our fill of our weekend breakfast (which normally is a heartier meal than what we have during weekdays), I would start tending my orchids and the rest of the plants that we have at home. There is serenity and calm each time I look these beauties and a satisfaction fills me, knowing that they are as lovely as they are because I cared for them.

Same is the case last Saturday, after breakfast, I watered my orchids and the rest of the foliage at home. That is when I noticed this just outside my kitchen door.



If my memory serves me right, this pot was planted by honey almost two years ago. He planted these tulips way beyond the prescribed planting season that is why we didn’t get to see them sprout last year. I remember teasing honey and told him that he is not to handle plants coz he never managed to keep any of them alive. When I told him that the tulips he planted are starting to bloom, the smirk on his face was so wide, I just have to laugh.

Beautiful blooms, they signal the beginning of my favourite season… Spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I hope there's also spring in UAE. Heehee. Winter would be over soon and here comes the summer. =)

Kreez said...

ooohh, i still remember how scorching hot UAE summers can be, I normally describe the feeling as similar to that when you are standing next to a barbeque flame hehe.

Here winter is almost over as well, we're expecting spring in two weeks time.